Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Sunday, May 15, 2005

This and That.... Damage to Kids....

I just found out that a relative of mine is on the lam. Seems Robert had another run in with the Springfield, MO. police. The recent event apparently ended in a Springfield Park with him getting "subdued" by the police due to having a weapon and macing a cop. I don't know the whole story, but when you see a picture of him being loaded into an ambulance and taken to the hospital for treatment and psychological evaluation, it is probably bad.
Robert is the youngest son of one of my cousins. He was classified as Special Education by his local school district. From what I know, he was not a behavior 'problem' until his encounter with one particular teacher in about fifth grade. It seems this teacher had a personal policy of locking up students who misbehaved in his classroom. Locking the kids in a classroom closet. I don't know how long students were tortured this way, but over time, I imagine it had an impact; a very negative impact. I do know that when my cousin found out about this torture, the *&^%@# school covered it up. As far as I know, that *&^%$# teacher is still "teaching". I kinda wished I'd known about this and could of advised my cousin on a stronger course of action; like reviving the Bald Knobbers and seeking justice for those kids that "teacher" tortured and the administrators who covered up for this "teacher". For those of you whose ancestors hail from the Arkansas-Missouri border region and who suffered through the Civil War, you probably have heard of the Bald Knobbers. For you other readers, lets just say that the Bald Knobbers were a group of concerned men who saw way too many injustices being perpetrated against their families, friends and neighbors and who, because of a lack of legal law enforcement, took it as their civic duty to administer justice. They were not the klan, just honest men who wouldn't sit and watch the abuse anymore, so they took action and did what they believed was necessary.
So, after several days in hospital, Robert slipped his cuffs and escaped out the window. He is still on the lam, as far as I have heard. Hopefully, Robert will get some help. He needs it.

Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments!