Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

She printed Lies in an Official State Document: Prop. 75

My copy of Random House Webster's College Dictionary defines DEMOCRACY as follows: (1) "government by the people, a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system."

California Teacher's Association President Barbara Kerr signed a letter in the State of California Official Voter Information Guide, "Argument Against Proposition 75,' which declares "Union members already have the right to democratically vote their leaders into and out of office and to establish their own internal rules concerning political contributions." SAY WHAT Mrs. KERR ?????? Not according to the above definition of DEMOCRACY ! As I have said in this blog several times before, IN ALL MY YEARS AS A MEMBER OF CTA (18), I HAVE NEVER, I repeat, NEVER BEEN ALLOWED OR GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO CAST A BALLOT FOR ANY CTA UNION OFFICER EXCEPT MY LOCAL UNION OFFICERS. Such a 'right' is not permitted by CTA by-laws. CTA does not openly ask its members if they wish to run for a CTA Office. CTA does not publish a ballot for its members to vote to determine who will be President, Vice President, or Secretary/Treasurer of CTA. CTA is not a democratic organization! I find it disturbing that they are allowed to publicly and officially declare that they are in a official voters information guide. Mrs. Kerr is LYING in an official State of California Publication designed to provide accurate information to the voters!


What about the other public service unions, the nurses, law enforcement officers, firefighters, correctional officers, etc., Do their members get to actually cast a ballot for their state officers ?

IMO, CTA is not worried about having money to give away to their chosen political hacks, lobbyist, etc. I would predict that if Prop. 75 does pass, most members of CTA will sign the document to allow CTA to use their dues money as CTA sees fit. I believe CTA is worried about this; in the official wording of Proposition 75, it states:

" (g) If the dues, agency shop fees or other fees referred to in subdivisions (a) and (b) include an amount for a contribution or expenditure, the dues agency shop fees, or other fees shall be reduced by that amount for any individual who does not sign an authorization as described under subdivision (a). "

What does that mean ? LESS UNION DUES TO PAY ! More money for me to save for my sons' college education, to save towards my retirement years, to replace my ten year old family vehicle, to waste on piddly little crap, to treat my wife to a dinner out more often, to buy more books to add to my big pile of books waiting to be read, money to use to improve my home, money to contribute to charities or political candidates that I chose to support.

Sadly, CTA is using my money to support their lies. And unless Proposition 75 passes, there is not much I can do about it. If you live in California, PLEASE vote YES on Proposition 75. Please encourage everyone you know who can vote in California, to vote YES on PROP. 75.

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments!