Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Thursday, October 01, 2009

After all these years.....

After all the years I've been in the classroom, I still get questions from students that amaze me. Today, we began a new section and spent a few minutes preparing our student interactive notebooks. I asked my students to number their pages from 29 to 39, and reminded them that even numbers are on the left hand page of their SIN, odd numbers are on the right hand page. Lo and behold, one of my seventh graders asked me, "Is 29 an even or odd number?" The student was sincere in their question. I managed to keep a straight face and quietly told her, "odd."

Is it me or shouldn't seventh graders know odd and even numbers?

Have a Happy Day!