Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Friday, July 14, 2006

Summer break, so far.....

As the few of you who pop in here on occasion have noticed, I haven't been blogging much. I really don't want to think too much right now.....But, here is a bit of what I have been up to, in no particular order.....

Taking my boys to the summer reading club activities at our local library.

playing games on line.....GO, Chess and Mah-Jong

Keeping an eye on my boys while they splash about in our seasonal backyard pool.

Staying indoors and trying to stay cool....today it is about 115 degrees.

Trying to find a hotel/motel room in San Diego at the last minute (my wife
and I are going over for a couple of days while the boys are at summer camp.)

Trying to find some new living room furniture. We are replacing "my" sofa.
I bought it Colorado in 1987 when I taught in Arizona.

Piddling around with some of my other hobbies and interest.....philately,
conflict simulation gaming and genealogy.

Reading. I have a huge pile of stuff to read.....Currently reading "The Last
Templar" by Raymond Khoury, previously read, "Darkness, take my Hand" by
Dennis Lehane, and I am not sure what is next to read. Also reading through
a big pile of magazines.....National Geographic, Archaeology, Armchair General,
Sunset and Linn's Stamp News to name a few. Just received today, Steven
Saylor's "A Gladiator only Dies Once," George McDonald Fraser's "Flashman on
the March" and Andrew Greeley's "Irish Cream" (that one is mostly for my wife,
but I'll read it too.)

Looking at the big pile of unorganized "stuff" in the study and thinking about
what to do with it/about it.

Starting to think and plan for where to take the family for our summer
vacation. I already have a room reserved AT Grand Canyon for one night,
but the question is, do we stay around Flagstaff or go on to southern Colorado
too ? It is mostly a question of money and car space. We bought a new car
shortly after son number one (of two) was born, and it just doesn't have the
room that it used to have. I'd like to take the boys to visit Mesa Verde and
my wife to the San Luis Valley of Colorado (her grandmother was born there....
one of the old Spanish families of NM/Colorado).

As little yard work as I can....


So, what are you doing this summer?

Thanks for reading my blog! I welcome your comments.