Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Monday, March 12, 2007

Aged ? Or just "vintage" ???

Last weekend, while eating out with my family, a young woman came up to me and asked, "Mr. Polski, you remember ME ?"

I looked at her, and all I could say was, "No, but tell me your first name."

She told me. I shook my head, "Don't take offense," I said, "but sorry, but I can't place you."

She told me her name.....yep, it had been quite a few years since she sat in my classroom.

She then asked me if I'd retired. "No," I laughed. "Why do you ask that? I'm not THAT old, am I?"

She said, "Well, my other teachers from (Polski's school)are retired !

Even after all this time, we teachers are just SO MUCH OLDER than those we teach.

Hummmmmmmm

Thanks for reading my blog. Your comments are appreciated.