Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Saturday, October 04, 2008

It helps a tiny bit....$19.65

Several years ago, the California Teachers Association Peoples Polibureau forced upon its members a $60.00 per year additional fee to feed the coffers of CTA's political spending. For those of you who are not aware of it, CTA does not allow its members to vote for its state officers. Or to have a say in who runs the regional centers or uniserve offices. Or to protest their dues increases. [ Yes, Darren, I know I can quit the Union and become an agency fee payer. I am still thinking about it. Perhaps I can cast more worthy dissent if I am still a member ? ]

Anyhow, Maybe, just maybe, something may be changing? This year, from the fragments of information I have heard regarding CTA and its huge deductions from its captives, we are not supposed to be paying out that $60.00 annual fee anymore. But this was not reflected in their deductions from my paycheck. I have to find out more about that. ANYHOW.....their summer peoples representative rubber stamp assembly did imposed a $20.00 fee to feed the coffers of their political spending, BUT, if any member wants to jump through the hoops, they can get $19.65 refunded. ( I considered the cost of my envelope and stamp to send for my refund ). I got my check today. Yeah.

Thanks for reading this.