Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Whats a 6 + 6" ?

A 6 + 6 is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge on a topic by drawing and writing about it. On a sheet of blank paper, the paper is divided into six parts (squares). In each square, students draw something about their topic, and write about it (usually a sentence or two). For example, another upcoming 6 + 6 activity that I plan to assign my students is about the "Five Pillars of Islam". They will put into each square, a picture showing something about faith, prayer, charity, fasting and pilgrimage, including the proper names for each of these pillars of Islam (such as Zakah for Charity, Hajj for pilgrimage, Shahada for Faith, etc.) [ pardon me if these terms are misspelled....I am working from my fading memory here....]. The sixth square can contain the title and name of each of the Pillar of Islam.

I hope this answers the question, "What is a 6 + 6".

Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments.