Polski3's View from Here

Quote of some personal revelence: "Is a dream a lie, that don't come true, or is it something worse?"

Friday, March 23, 2007

Da'ya Think ?

"You have a wonderful child. Then, when he's 13, gremlins carry him away and leave in his place a stranger who gives you not a moments peace....You have to hang in there, because two or three years later, the gremlims return your child, and he will be wonderful again." ( attributed to American actress Jill Eikenberry )

I laughed when I saw this quote in a book I was distracted by while cleaning up, tidying up, ok....rearranging "stuff" in my study. I just had conversations with parents this week of seventh graders in which the parents were bemoaning the "changes" in attitude, et al., of that "wonderful child" to some "gremlin possessed" creature resembling their child. That creature that has lost their hearing, only seems able to speak coherently to someone on the telephone, who stares blankly when asked about things like 'homework', and who seem to only want to associate and roam with a pack of others like themselves. Happens every year, without fail. Those of you who teach middle school/junior high know just what I'm talking about.

Thanks for reading my blog. Leave a comment if you like.